- 4-6 Lbs. Pork Spareribs
- Dry Rub See Recipe Below
- 1 Bottle Sam & Oliver Sundown Chipotle BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Chipotle or Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Cayenne Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
Preparation (The Night Before)
- Wash and dry the spare ribs. Combine all the dry rub ingredients together into a bowl. Thoroughly work the rub into the meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 200° F. Place the ribs into an uncovered metal pan and into the center of the oven for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook an additional 2 hours.
- After 2 hours (7 hours total time) increase the oven temperature to 300° F. Remove the foil cover and flip the ribs over using long handled tongs. Brush the back side with Sundown BBQ sauce. Carefully flip the ribs back over and brush the top generously with Sundown BBQ sauce. Return the ribs to the oven and continue baking, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and allow to sit for 5 - 10 minutes before cutting or serving. Cut into sections of 3 to 4 rib chunks.
- Serve with freshly made coleslaw, baked beans and cornbread!
- Allow yourself time to be near the oven during the cooking process. Even though this is being baked relatively low temperature at 200° F, the rubs must be covered at the 5 hour mark or they will dry out.
- Don't cheat and take them out too early! Let the ribs bake for 2 hours covered before applying the BBQ sauce.
- Letting the ribs sit for 5 - 10 minutes will prevent the juices from running out. Cut the ribs at the time of serving, recommending the chunks be 3 - 4 ribs each portion.
Sam & Oliver – Handcrafted Heat http://www.samandoliver.com/